Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Relive Your Festival - Be Safe In Sound

Please listen to Safe And Sound by Capital Cities while reading. (Yes I know it's safe AND sound but for all purposes safe IN sound worked better for me)

Racing, spinning, ripping.
Stop thinking, stop thinking.
Imploding.
Regret.
Shame.
I can't take it.

I hear a familiar sound, I throw my headphones on.


The goosebumps rise.
I can't help but move.
I close my eyes and my desk fades away along with my problems.
I am immersed in light.
The sun is warm.
The sky blue.
A rainbow of neon surrounds me.
I am experiencing every festival I've been to at once.
I can feel the elation of my spirit rise with the tempo.
In my head I'm jumping to the beat.
You are one with me.
Hearts synchronized with the music.
I am by myself but I do not feel alone.
I smile. I can't stop smiling.
I scream as the beat drops.
Releasing energy into the crowd.
I move to the music.
I move with you.
We are so alive in this moment.
The memories feel so real.
My heart races as though I'm there.
I see strangers, no--I see friends.
We understand each other.
As the music understands me.
I open my eyes.
The anxiety is gone.
I am centered.
I am safe in sound.



No comments:

Post a Comment